- To celebrate success in vision
- To provide pediatric ophthalmologists with a rewards program to support patching, successful eye surgery and any other efforts related to vision
- To share stories of success so that parents at the beginning of their journey with a vision disorder may find support and encouragement
- Star Eyes Alliance – medical professionals, including, pediatric ophthalmologists, orthoptists and any other medical professional that cares for a child’s sight.
- Star Eyes Awardees – those who receive a Star Eyes Award, virtually anyone who has achieved some sort of successful vision outcome.
How it Works:
- Diagnosis – when a child has their vision disorder diagnosed, if the office where they are treated is in the Star Eyes Alliance, they would be handed a flyer about the Star Eyes program, directing them to the Star Eyes web page.
- Treatment Begins – as the child begins whatever treatment has been prescribed, the parent can connect with online resources and find support from other parents in similar circumstances.
- Treatment is Successful – When it is time to celebrate successful treatment, the Star Eyes Alliance member can hand out the certificate to the family and invite them to 1) purchase a pin online or 2) choose another gift to celebrate successful treatment.
If you are interested in participating in this program, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.