Eyecare for Kids: I Care for Eyecare
I Care for Eyecare, which consists of an online photography contest and calendar, is one of our most popular programs aimed at raising awareness about children’s vision issues. The 2015 "Best Buddies to See You Through" contest is currently closed. Stay tuned to see the camera winners and see which photos made it into the 2015 calendar!
How Do I Participate?
- Click here to enter a photo in the contest!
- Click here to vote for your photo!
- Read the rules of participation.
When is the Contest Held?
- Each March we host a photography contest based on a theme. The theme for the contest this year is, "Best Buddies to See You Through."
How Does it Work?
- Please note: each person is allowed to vote for one entry per 24 hours.
- We invite our website visitors to submit a photo that meets the theme and then voting is enabled for each entry. Each year, thousands of votes are submitted on our website and the top 10 vote-recipients receive a digital camera.
- Voting is open from March 19, 2014 to August 31, 2014 and each household is allowed to submit one entry
How is the Calendar Created?
- A panel of Children’s Eye Foundation judges looks at all of the submitted photographs and works with a designer to develop and print the annual calendar. The 2014 Calendar is still available for purchase from our online store for $15, including domestic shipping.