Donating Stock to Charity
Transferring stock to the Children’s Eye Foundation is simple and provides donors with a tax efficient method of giving.
Please notify your broker that you wish to transfer shares to the Children’s Eye Foundation. Most brokers will require that your request be in writing and be signed by all parties whose names are on the account.
Your broker will need the following information:
- Name of Financial Institution: Fidelity
- Account Name: Children’s Eye Foundation
- CEF Tax ID Number: 23-7116400
- CEF Account Number: Please email email@example.com for this information
- DTC Number: 0226
Please have your broker tell Fidelity your name, the name of the stock you wish to give, and the number of shares.
- Tax benefit
- Plan donation out annually
Example: George bought Apple stock when it was only $100/share. With Apple stock now valued at $550, he can give the stock to CEF, get an income tax deduction for the full $550/share market value, and avoid paying capital gains tax on the $450/share appreciation.